There are a number of great products available that help find prospects for link building and PR campaigns and one of our goals is to make it as easy as possible to access these prospects within BuzzStream. By pulling in prospects discovered by other tools, you can use BuzzStream’s research capabilities to qualify them and, more importantly, you can make them actionable.
To enable this, we’ve improved our integration with three services that many of our customers are using – SEOmoz’ OpenSiteExplorer, MajesticSEO, and Citation Labs Link Prospecting Tool. Now, when you click on ‘Import’, you’ll see options to upload websites and links from the most commonly used reports in these products:
So let’s look at how this works, using a Majestic report as an example…
I’ve identified a list of sites that are focused on a specific vertical by running competitive backlink reports in Majestic.
After consolidating the reports and conducting some initial clean-up, I can import them into BuzzStream by selecting one of the Majestic Backlinks import template. Once they’re imported, BuzzStream will do four things to help with your research efforts:
- Check to see if the sites are already in BuzzStream. These are often particularly good prospects, since many times these are site owners that you’ve already developed a relationship with
- Check the links to make sure that they’re still live (particularly important if you’re using Majestic’s historic index for your reports). Once the check is complete, you’ll get an email with the results of the check…click on the “view” link next to the “Unable to check” line to see the links that are no longer live. You’ll want to delete these.
- Collect metrics for the each website and page, including PageRank, mozRank, DomainAuthority, unique visitors, inbound links, etc.
- Look for contact information for each website, including email addresses, phone numbers, twitter IDs, facebook pages and LinkedIn profiles
Once you’ve researched these prospects, you can use BuzzStream to take action on them. The steps that people typically take include:
- Add websites to projects that they’re well-suited for, assign the contacts to the appropriate team member (if it’s a team-based environment), assign tasks, etc.
- Segment contacts into lists (based on metrics, topics, relationship history, etc) and create outreach templates for the campaign
- Conduct outreach campaigns in the Outreach module