Each of your projects is unique. Some require a custom workflow. Others require a custom set of fields to track. One-size-fits-all solutions simply don’t work if you’re trying to do content promotion and product reviews and journalist outreach all at once. That’s why we’ve added the ability to create custom fields for individual projects in BuzzStream. This means you can create a dropdown menu to track whether or not you’ve shipped products for reviews in one project, and then create a checkbox list to track competitors mentioned in another project. You can color code them all (and relationship stages, too) for easy viewing.
New: Create custom fields for individual projects in BuzzStream
Custom Fields for Projects
You can now easily add dropdown menus, checklists, date, number, and text entry fields to individual projects in BuzzStream. Simply click on the column header and choose “Add Columns.” Then select “Create New” next to custom fields. Add the details and you’re all set. Check out this demo on how to add custom fields:
How to add project-specific custom fields in BuzzStream
The opportunities for these fields are limitless, but here are some ideas on how you can implement them.
Ideas for Custom Fields:
- Dropdown menu with “Waiting to Ship” and “Shipped” in product review projects
- Checkbox of competitors to denote which sites mention which competitors
- Numbered list to mark which tier the influencer belongs to
- Special set of tags to track the type of blogger you’re reaching out to
- List of website types to remind yourself which outreach message to send
- Date field to specify when you should reach out
- Dropdown menu to specify whether it’s a new prospect or pre-existing relationship
Color Coding for Custom Fields and Relationship Stages
Color-coded relationship stages in BuzzStream
Customizing colors in BuzzStream
Premium and Plus customers can now integrate BuzzStream with Exchange email accounts (no more IMAP stress!) Simply check your settings and go to “Connect to Email.” Choose “Add Email Account” and you should see Exchange listed.
We hope you enjoy the new features and are looking forward to learning about how you’re using custom fields. As always, let us know if you have questions, feedback, suggestions, or ideas. You can find us on twitter @BuzzStream.